Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Photography and Poetry

A dynamic duo if I do say so myself. Recently I had written a particularly touching poem (if I do again say so myself) that I was enticed to intertwine with my recent collection of landscape photography.

It is still a work in progress but felt compelled to share my journey thus far.

By blending my [minimal] skills in Photoshop CS2 and in landscape photography I felt that I was able to bring my words to life in a more emotional sense than with simply just a few choice words. By blending some key phrases and powerful/emotional pictures I feel that I am doing more justice to my favorite [thus far] poem.
What I tried to incorporate into each piece of work that I have done (six so far) is the sense of grandiocity and that my words can be bigger than simple text. Each line has a moment in time, each phrase carries its own weight in power and context.

No comments: